[nagdu] Question for Pilot dog handlers

rhonda cruz rhondaprincess at gmail.com
Sun Nov 13 19:52:39 UTC 2011

yes.
i understand.
great post sheila.

Users"<nagdu at nfbnet.org
>Date sent: Sun, 13 Nov 2011 12:28:22 -0700
>Subject: Re: [nagdu] Question for Pilot dog handlers

>Hi, I learned a long time ago not to take everything everyone
says to seriously especially putting theese things ahead of
common sense.  This includes guide dogs and schools.  If every
comment is negative I wonder what someone is really afraid of and
if everything is completely positive with absolutely no thought
to anything that might not be exactly to your liking are you
being honest about the situation place or school because either
can help you set yourself up for disapointment.  Just my
thoughts.

Users <nagdu at nfbnet.org
>Subject: Re: [nagdu] Question for Pilot dog handlers

>Hi Tami

>I have an uncooperative pet dog that goes nuts when she sees
another
>dog.  I probably will have to wait for her to pass on before I
get a
>guide dog.  However, I got the *brilliant* idea that maybe I
could talk
>to Pilot since they are in my state and only 3 hours away to see
if they
>had any ideas for helping me adjust my pet to a guide.  It is a
>longshot, and I have not done it yet, but it doesn't hurt to ask.

>I would not even have considered doing this except for all the
positive
>input I have heard about Pilot on this list.  Prior to the recent
posts,
>I have heard only negative comments about Pilot.  Maybe it is
just the
>people in my local area that say these things.

>Anyway, I also like their choices in dog breeds.

>My pet Sadie gets along with cats and may well adjust to a dog in
the
>house as part of her family if done right, but I'm not dead set
on doing
>it, just something I'm toying with as I really want a guide.

>Brenda

>On 11/12/2011 9:41 PM, Tami Kinney wrote:
>> Brenda,

>> Are you looking into Pilot?

>> I'm old, too.  I don't know if single vs.  double rooming would
be a
>> make it or break it point for me, but you know how it is when
you get
>> old and cranky Teehee.  I wonder how I would put up with a
roommate for
>> so long as a week.  Then I stop and think...  How could a
roommate put
>> up with *me* for a whole month? /lol/

>> They say braille display prices are finally starting to come
down...
>> Apparently, they actually are at last.  They have a ways to go
before
>> they're affordable in a realistic sense, but there is hope!

>> If you find grant opportunities for such an acquisition, please
do
>> tell.  I know a lot of people who realy, really want to know.
/smile/

>> Tami

>> On 11/12/2011 02:13 PM, Brenda wrote:
>>> Hi Chantel
>>> Thanks for your quick reply.  Being that you are in the
application
>>> process, you probably have the most up-to-date info.
>>> Not sure I would be able to survive a month with a roommate
other than
>>> my husband.  I'm too old for that.
>>> Brenda

On