[nagdu] Question for Pilot dog handlers

Criminal Justice Major Extraordinaire orleans24 at comcast.net
Mon Nov 14 08:30:43 UTC 2011

Hi, Brenda,
At times when the negative comments of a guide dog school come out, it is
usually from an individual who obviously didn't have a good experience.
Although I didn't have a great experience with my first guide dog school, it
didn't make them out to be a bad one: it just wasn't the right one for me.
I think what also may help you with finding a guide dog school of your
choice is to also see the survey on NAGDU'S web site.
Also, communicating with the schools directly will offten shed some more
light on making that choice or decision.
*Smiles*
I ended up going to Pilot more because they are willing to work with those
like myself who are emotionally unstabled.
I'm sure if I wasn't on an anti depressent though, they probably would have
not chanced me working or training with another guide.
The instructors were really nice and when I'd feel that frustration building
up, they'd want me to pull off to the side and then, instructor and I would
talk about what was going on and why there happened to be a problem
occuring.
Bibi and Odie
the happy spirited bounty labra wolf