[nagdu] Audible Traffic lights

GARY STEEVES rainshadowmusic at shaw.ca
Thu Nov 17 17:08:04 UTC 2011

Hi Tracy:

In order to stem the onslaught of americans who are blind moving to Vancouver (although you are all welcome:), the time between making the request for the  audible signal and it's being put into place can often be several years. The pattern I have found is I move to a new neighbourhood, notice a crosswalk or intersection that I use a lot that doesn't have audible signals, put in the request to city hall and usually several years later, often shortly after I've moved to another neighbourhood, the signal is installed. :) But at least there is a process in place and people open to listening at city hall.

Gary