[nagdu] First person to Use Seeing eye dog in US

Margo and Arrow margo.downey at verizon.net
Fri Nov 18 11:57:22 UTC 2011

the following link has footage taken from The Seeing eye archives and shows Morris Frank, the first person to use a guide dog in this country.  He and Dorothy Harrison eustis founded the Seeing eye in 1929 and the guide dog movement has moved forward since then and there are many guide dog schools in this country, Canada, and throughout the world.  the person narrating the video is Lukas Franck, a long-time instructor at the seeing Eye.  Lukas trained my first two guide dogs--Deedee and Wayne.  Lukas also trained wayne and me as a team in 1991.

Margo and Arrow

http://www.youtube.com/user/seeing4me?feature=mhee#p/u/0/gwYHXNItSks