[nagdu] New guide dog school

frandi.galindo at gmail.com frandi.galindo at gmail.com
Sun Nov 20 16:56:37 UTC 2011

I didn't catch the beginning of this thread, but I believe from what I read
so far that it has to do with the kinds of breeds a guide can be.  I have
seen poodles, german sheppards, and I haven't seen this kind of breed in a
school, but I also have seen a husky mix.  However, I believe that dog was
home trained.  A husky would I believe be the best guide.  Think about it.
They have to find their way in the most harshest conditions when they work.
Crazy snow conditions.  They do some of the hardest work a dog can do, but
that is just my opinion.  Don't get me wrong, guiding some one who is a ton
bigger than you are I am sure is kind of weird for a dog, but yet they still
do it.  However, to a huskey, that would be a piece of cake compared to what
they were bred to do.  How do all of you feel about home trained guides?