[nagdu] Collies was Re: New guide dog school

frandi.galindo at gmail.com frandi.galindo at gmail.com
Sun Nov 20 17:08:57 UTC 2011

collies would be great guides, but then again so would be many other kinds.
I would like a wolf for a guide, but that for sure isn't gonna happen.  I am
pretty sure the idea of training a wolf would get shot down by many
individuals.  What about New finlands?  If you think about many breeds would
make great guides.  If you can train a german sheppard to guide, which
people mostly train for police work and guard dogs,  Couldn't you train dogs
such as collies wich are used for hurding sheep, mastives wich are used as
guard dogs, New-finlands wich are used as rescue dogs, to be guides?  I
could go on and on about different breeds and what they were bred to do, but
that would just take for ever.  I guess what I am trying to say or ask is:
If you think about it, couldn't many breeds of dogs make great guides?