[nagdu] Nixon

Jen&Nixon McEachen jenandnixon at gmail.com
Sun Nov 27 04:16:21 UTC 2011

HI folks:

I know I haven't written on this group in quite a while. I've been fairly
busy and am forever behind e-mails!

Nixon may be retiring earlier than anticipated, as my life isn't routine
compared to my early days with him as a team (almost over 7 years ago) and
had a routine.

My life has changed has drastically since graduating college, having two
jobs, having a variety of committees and meetings to attend, etc... Nixon is
8 1/2 years old. He was starting to show signs that was indicative by the
instructor who came up to do follow up and my home interview this past July.
I will now be awaiting for a dog trained on the right side, which may nto
happen until spring before I head off to class to train with my third guide
dog.

Instead, this time around, of using Yahoo!Groups, I'll use Facebook to
update friends, family, etc of my experience of training again. Since I have
an iPhone, I can easily update via the FB app, including videos and / or
pictures of the adventure.

I am also using this opportunity to share with the public, many whom already
have "liked" the page, experience and understand what trainig is like and
how a guide dog and handler bond as a team, etc.

Yes, you have my permission to re-post my link and share... the more, the
merrier... the more I educate, the more people will "pass it along",
hopefully!

Also, I am ruling out any medical problems with Nixon before I conclude the
diarrhea episodes Nixon is exhibiting is stress-related. I'll have the fecal
sample done early next week before speaking with Charles Nathan. I'll keep
everyone posted on this.

Here's the link:

http://www.facebook.com/MysteryGuideDog

Look forward to seeing all of you over there!

Jen and Nixon