[nagdu] Blind man says paramedics prevented guidedog fromtraveling with him

Tami Kinney tamara.8024 at comcast.net
Mon Nov 28 23:51:59 UTC 2011

Yikes! All things considered, this was a best-outcome scenario. /smile/
I am glad for you and your dog, too!

When Mitzi and I are traveling about and I am having an off day,  I
motivate myself to pay attention to my dog and everything else by
envisioning the hit-and-miss aspect of paramedics and/or ambulance
drivers when it comes to my guide dog... My own little version of scared
straight, I guess. /smile/

I think my current worst fear in life is that I will screw up andend up
down for the count, leaving my guide on her own in the middle of a crowd
of morons... I wish I could count that as a silly fear, but I guess I've
learned to well that the people who are suposed to know what to do in
such a situation are the most likely to make things really horrible if
they don't, if they are more interested in exerting so-called expertise
and thus control than in actually having either. /shudder/

I have learned that others in my little neck of the woods have done a
good job of educating about these things and contiue to do that. Whew!
For now, I can concentrate on other areas of my own life while learning
bits and pieces from their prior work. Still, I'm pretty motivated to be
more careful when I remember that my guide dog depends on me to keep
myself safe so I can keep her safe... And so on. /smile/

Tami