[nagdu] [Nagdu] Walking in a blind person's shoes, at The Seeing Eye in Morris Township

Cindy Ray cindyray at gmail.com
Wed Nov 30 01:58:05 UTC 2011

I am afraid I would have to agree with Buddy on this point. I have loved my dogs, but where people are concerned, I sometimes find them more of a curse than a blessing. I went to a church one Sunday which I had never attended. People walked up to me and said, "What's your dog's name?" The didn't ask me mine. Finally I started saying he is Fisher and I am Cindy Ray. I am a candidate for minister of word and sacrament in this presbytery." They responded like this: "Oh, that's nice." Then they went off to talk to others. I am at table in a restaurant talking to my friends and people walk up to me and ask the dog's name, his breed, his age, and on and on and on even thought I am clearly visiting with someone. When I was first married to Chuck he went with me to my daughter's school conference and we weren't altogether sure that we would get to the child in question. He never went with me again to a conference. So maybe it all depends on your definition of ice breaker, but I just don't see it.

Cindy