[nagdu] Blind Teacher's guide dog Attacked

Sam Hogle smhogle at gmail.com
Mon Oct 3 16:12:03 UTC 2011

I agree completely Tami. Like you, Mason and I have been lucky so far,
something surprising since our neighborhood has a few aggressive dogs
that I don't feel are properly contained. In Georgia, invisible fenses
seem to be a new trend, but I have found that they aren't allways
affective. Anyway, I also agree with you about people not caring like
they should. I tried taking Mason to the dog park for social reasons,
but had to stop due to some owners thinking it was fine for their dogs
to pick fights with others since their dogs were usually powerful enough
to win. Luckily, Mason never got injurred, but that wasn't a chance I
wanted to keep taking. After all, it only takes one fight. Then, I had a
lady in my neighborhood whose aggressive dog caused us to have to stop
our walk. She then yelled in an annoyed toan that she could not walk her
dog untill we left. I'm sorry, but I refuse to walk past someone who has
no control over her dog and risk said dog breaking away from her and
attacking my well behaved though slightly distracted golden. Anyway, to
me, if you're going to take on the care of another being, you need to be
responsible about it, and not expect others to pick up the pieces.
Anyone else want a turn on the soapbox?
Sam and Seeing Eye Dog Mason