[nagdu] Doing a presentation about traveling as a blind person and also someone that uses a guide dog

cheryl echevarria cherylandmaxx at hotmail.com
Tue Oct 11 11:52:34 UTC 2011

I am sending this to both NAGDU and the Travel and Tourism Division.

On Tuesday, October 25, 2011, I will be doing a Presentation to one of my Travel Associations.

It is the topic of Traveling as a blind person and also blind people who use a guide dog, I will be letting the other travel agents know about the NAGDU Hotline as well.

I have been doing a lot of speaking recently on the subject, directing the travel agents out there to get educated by asking and not assuming, what the client wants on there trip.

Not to send the traveler the wrong information, or say well I don't service people with disabilities, that is what I have heard in the past myself.

Anyway, I would like to hear what you want me to emphasize on do you want me to mention anything in particular.

This could be a good discussion for us and educational.

Also, the NFB of NY/LI/NJ went this past Sunday, October 9th on the Norwegian Gem Ship Tour, we had a lot of fun, the staff was wonderful, and we learned a lot and so did they, I will be writing something up for the Braille Monitor, I am doing a lot of writing this year.  Thank god I have a good friend that helps me with the grammar or I would really stuck.

We had a few people cancel last minute, so Maxx wound up being the only guide dog with us.  We had a total of 18 people, 13 of us are blind, the rest were either spouses or parents of blind children.

The people that went want to go on a cruise.  So look for me planning a group cruise shortly, it will be out of NY, it will be a weekend cruise for those that just want to try a cruise, from Friday to Sunday, for those that are interested you can contact me off list, as well as the travel and tourism division, are in talks about doing a 3-4 day cruise out of FL, but that one is still in talks right now.

Anyway, I want to hear your feed back on this.  Guide Dog Users and Travel and Tourism People. What do you want me to emphasize when I talking to other travel agents on what you want them to know.

Take care.
Leading the Way in Independent Travel!

Cheryl Echevarria
http://www.echevarriatravel.com<http://www.echevarriatravel.com/>
631-456-5394
reservations at echevarriatravel.com<mailto:reservations at echevarriatravel.com>

Affiliated as an Independent Contractor with Superior Travel, located in Baldwin, NY. www.superiortravel.com<http://www.superiortravel.com/>

Affiliated as an Independent Contractor with Absolute Cruise & Travel, Inc.