[nagdu] Give the Dog a Break!

Julie J. julielj at neb.rr.com
Wed Oct 12 15:59:30 UTC 2011

Well, it's been about three months since Monty has worked in his guide
harness.  It's probably going to be another month before I can take him
into public and work him, although it will be with the mobility
harness.  I'm going to take a guess that this will have proven to be too
big of a break.  I forsee some refresher training in our future. *smile*

Seriously though, before this episode, I never planned specific breaks
for any of my guides.  I don't have an extremely active lifestyle so I
don't see much of a need for breaks.   I do remember when I took Belle
to a national convention that I did provide her with time off because
this was far out of her normal routine and she truly was tired.  I
suppose I do what buddy does...I know my dogs and I know what works best
for them.  Monty does best with regular work.  This extended holiday has
been very hard for both of us.

Julie