[nagdu] Give the Dog a Break!

Criminal Justice Major Extraordinaire orleans24 at comcast.net
Thu Oct 13 10:57:47 UTC 2011

Back when Odie was my guide, I made sure there were down times for both of
us.
When I was in college, I had days when I planned to have him stay home with
my husband Dale.
Other times, he'd go with me to school.
On Saturdays during the blind bowler league practice, he's out of his
medical alert working gear so he can stretch out and relax.
I do have him on leash which I have it tied down to a chair so he can't
wander.
As for having him with me, right now he travels as my partner until I get
another dog.
Since I have convulsive grandmal seizures, it's been recommended I don't
travel alone, especially if it is more than a short amount.
If I have to do long travel, Odie would come along or if Dale is available
to.
If I were to have a seizure while out and alone, there's a high probability
of me using my cane against me as a weapon upon hurting myself worse.
With Odie around, that's less likely to happen as he'd warn me right on the
spot along with trying to get me help.
Back to the whole thing about giving the dog a break.
I also allowed my other two guides to have time off and myself so all of us
coule recollect thoughts and have breathers.
Bibi and Odie
the happy spirited bounty labra wolf