[nagdu] plug for your own

Shannon Dyer solsticesinger at gmail.com
Sun Oct 16 03:31:40 UTC 2011

Hi, all.

I really don't think any school is "the best" or "the worst". Every school has its good and bad points. Every school has had its share of bad matches. It's true that some seem to have more of this than others, but, even so, it has happened at every single school.

Instead of trying to figure out which school is the best overall, it might make sense to look at which school meets your particular needs. You could go to a school with a wonderful reputation, but, if it doesn't meet your individual needs, you may not end up having a good experience.

Most people are loyal to the schools we went to, but there comes a time when we need to put that aside and look at what an individual is asking for. I'm a GDF grad. If someone who was a disabled veteran asked me if I thought they would be successful there, I would say they had a good chance. If someone told me they wanted their twelve-year-old son or daughter to get a dog from them, my response would be quite different.

It's fine to appreciate what our schools have done for us, but what works for us doesn't always work for everyone else.

Shannon and Caroline
Are you a fan of women's music? If so, join me each Thursday from noon until three for the Eclectic Collection: a Celebration of Women In Music. Point your media player to:
http://mojoradio.us/listen
or
www.mintfm.net