[nagdu] GDB

RJ Sandefur joltingjacksandefur at gmail.com
Wed Oct 19 01:29:18 UTC 2011

Here's a messege I got from GDB.
Hi RJ,
Of course, thank you for your patience in awaiting my reply. I apologize for the wait.
Guide Dogs for the Blind retains ownership for the first year after training. If the team is successful for that first year, the client may request ownership. That process consists of some simple paperwork.
We pay for all expenses related to your training, i.e. plane fare to get to campus, food and accommodations during training, and basic equipment to get you started with your dog. You would be responsible for food and any additional equipment once you return home. We also have a Veterinary Finance Assistance program with provides up to $250 a year for vet care and medications.
It sounds like you are on the right track with your mobility instruction. I believe Mr. Matson knows our program well, so I'm sure you're in good hands. Just continue practicing the techniques he teaches you, and he can let you know when he thinks you're ready to apply to our program.
Kind regards,
Ryan Garrett
Opinions? RJ