[nagdu] heard from Doctor Allison Kean (Odie's cracked toe nail)

Criminal Justice Major Extraordinaire orleans24 at comcast.net
Tue Oct 25 22:16:23 UTC 2011

Hi, all,
Just wanted to update everyone on Odie's cracked toe nail.
I did hear back from Doctor Allison Kean, the veternarian who I deal with
continuously when it comes to Odie when taking him to the vet.
Doctor Kean told me as long as the toe nail isn't split badly enough to
cause any discomfort or pain, everything should be all right.
She also did let me know to make sure that Odie doesn't lick at it
excessively and if it really were to bother him, he'd clearly let me know
upon favoring the left front paw.
She did say that if the problem were to increase with the toe nail, that I
would need to get him in immediately to have it looked at.
So, all that can be done is to just wait it out and see what happens.
I'll definitely have to look into the wound boots to keep around in the
future if I should happen to experience this with Odie again and even with
the next dog I train with.
The wound boots would come in handy for the times when there are cracked
split toe nails, when the dog has to recovery from surgery or if they
somehow cut or injure their paw directly.
Bibi and Odie
the happy spirited bounty labra wolf