[nagdu] ABC 4 viewers pay for guide dog's surgery

Criminal Justice Major Extraordinaire orleans24 at comcast.net
Sat Sep 3 07:47:15 UTC 2011

Hi, Cheryl,
Pilot Dogs has a veternarian allowance program where they do help pay for
veternarian costs.
Total amount is $250.00.
You are reinversed for the costs of vet care as long as the graduate sends
in a copy of the receit.
If the expense is too high like surgery, I'd imagine that it would be best
for the dog to just retire from service.
I have not experienced a guide dog having to go through surgery at all just
yet throughoutt my years of being a guide dog user off and on, so really
wouldn't know all the truth and facts.
When Odie ended up getting hurt back in 2008 as he pulled his right shoulder
from jumping off my bed, Pilot would have gladly stepped in to help cover
the cost of medications and treatment granted by the vet.
Thankfully, Odie didn't need to have any surgery done on the right shoulder
as it was just a strain.
No, he couldn't work for a week and it was hard on him having to be still
and not active.
Both my husband Dale and I continuously massaged that shoulder upon giving
him the prescribed meds to help with inflamation and pain.
I'm not sure about other other guide dog schools and I also wonder if we do
have other guide dog schools' representatives on list too.
Bibi and Odie
the happy spirited bounty labra wolf
because he behaves like a wolf at times