[nagdu] Ideas to help a sick dog?

Gary rainshadowmusic at shaw.ca
Sun Sep 4 19:00:13 UTC 2011

Hello everyone:

Well poor Bogart still isn't doing so wonderfully. He started having full
diarrhea in the middle of the night Thursday. We were having to go out about
every 2-3 hours. By Friday night nothing much was coming out of him. Nothing
that could be felt with a pick up bag anymore. Saturday morning he had a
couple laps at his water dish but that was all.

I took him to the vet and temp is fine, abdomen is fine, eyes sparkling and
tail a wagging. The vet gave him a couple of spoonfuls of the canned food
they have that is supposed to be easy to digest with some water and he ate
the food and drank the water. She tried to get  a stool sampl from his bum
but he is just too emptied out so they couldn't get enough to do any tests.
We can't gather enough at home either.

We came back home and I was able to get him to drink some water and he ate
half of one of those cans of food as per doctors orders. So I was  thinking
things are on the up side but I don't think he has drunk hardly any water
and hasn't eaten any food since then. Even put some enticing things with it.

Poor bogart. I had told him he needed to lose a bit of weight since he
gained 4 pounds in the past 3 months so he has gone over board and lost 1.5
pounds in a week.

Anyway, if anyone has any ideas of how to get bogart eating a little bit
that would be helpful.

Thanks
Gary