[nagdu] Stress Issues

Tami Kinney tamara.8024 at comcast.net
Wed Sep 7 21:20:28 UTC 2011

Glad your boy is doing better on the meds!

It has come to my attention, as well, that finding creative means of
getting a poodle to play is not any work at all. /lol/ Finding creative
means of getting your poodle to let you do something besides play ...
There's the challenge! Even now, when Mitzi can be clearly observed to
be knuckling down into her work, as on the job as you can wish and then
some, I can never be sure it's not all just a game to her. /smile/ It's
the boring parts of her job she finds stressful. You know. Lying down
under a table. Not as easy as one might guess. Just sitting doing
nothing while the human chats? Tough stuff, man! /smile/

So then her reward and her mini-vacation is a good "find". Or even a
quick random working walk at poodle speed, while I dance the dance
around obstacles. Then I can put her on a find -- find DD is a great one
-- and she really kicks it into gear. /smile/ If she can find the door
while people are watching, it's an extra kick for her, because they're
just so impressed! /lol/ This makes me laugh, so that's fun for both of
us.

Wonder how much less stressed I would have been during training and all
if I'd had that one figured out back then. But, nope! I had to go
worrying about every little thing, make sure I did it right... Then I
again, I was pretty hazy in the brain department, what with all the
demands on my time playing with the poodle pup and still trying to find
time to train the thing.

Best wishes for a quick recover to Bogart.

Tami