[nagdu] Funding Available to Shelter Pets for DV Survivors [1 Attachment]

Steven Johnson blinddog3 at charter.net
Fri Sep 9 23:23:53 UTC 2011

A resource I obtained at work, and felt it worth passing along.  Even though
our guides are allowed in DMV shelters, it is still a good resource to have
as many times persons like ourselves, have more pets than just our guides.

Steve

Grant Funding Available Now for Veterinary Care or Boarding of Pets

RedRover, a national animal protection and education non-profit
organization, offers emergency grants of up to $500 to help people staying
in domestic violence shelters keep their pets safe, too. If the pet(s)
belonging to one of your clients is in urgent need of veterinary care or
boarding, please visit www.redrover.org/domestic for more information and to
apply. Funds are available now.

Please note: For security reasons, the grant application must be completed
by a DV shelter representative on behalf of the client.

Allie Phillips

Author, Attorney, Advocate

Founder, Sheltering Animals & Families Together (SAF-T)

www.alliephillips.com

Author of How Shelter Pets are Brokered for Experimentation: Understanding
Pound Seizure (September 2010) and Defending the Defenseless: A Guide to
Protecting and Advocating for Pets (now available!)

Join the conversation on Facebook at You Can Do More for Animals!

Kenya Fairley, Program Manager

National Resource Center on Domestic Violence

3605 Vartan Way, Suite 101

Harrisburg, PA 17110

(800) 537-2238, ext. 184