[nagdu] some advice

Julie McGinnity kaybaycar at gmail.com
Sat Sep 10 01:53:51 UTC 2011

Hi Chantel.

 I had to deal with this on a smaller scale when I first got my dog.
One of my best friends did not want me to bring the dog into my house.
 She was dead set on me not using the dog in the house before I even
got the dog.  When I did get Brie, we sort of compromised.  I guess
she realized that Brie was not going to hurt anyone in the house or
damage the fernature or whatever, so she was ok with me bringing her
as long as Brie remained in harness the whole time.

Now you can't do that if you actually live there, so yeah, moving
might be the best thing for you.Also, something to consider: When you
get your dog, you will go through some version of the home interview.
The school will want to know what kind of home environment you live
in, and they will assess whether or not this environment will be good
for the dog.  First of all, did you explain this to your friend?  I
believe you can make sure to get a dog that is very gentle with
children or a dog that is used to them.  I guess you'll also have to
think of this if you move, when you consider where you move.

Hope this helps.