[nagdu] some advice

Cindy Ray cindyray at gmail.com
Sat Sep 10 14:54:39 UTC 2011

Jenny, I would say you need not feel shame. One can always hope things will get better, and moving can be drastic. We often discover that we haven't learned everything there is to know. I probably wouldn't get a dog if I had to convince the people I lived with that it was a good idea because I would maybe suspect the things that happened to you might happen to me. But if you are already living in a situation and it is going reasonably well, you are sure to hope that it is going to be fine and that you will not have to break up your own housekeeping for it. I made a mistake with my first dog, making it walk down a street with traffic coming toward it and expecting it to get better. I think that the dog just became less confident. I wouldn't do it again, but, unfortunately, that was a lesson I apparently did not pick up and so had to learn the hard way. So don't ever feel shame or guilt about it; just be glad you were able to learn it. It was hard for sure though.

Cindy