[nagdu] Doors

Tami Kinney tamara.8024 at comcast.net
Tue Sep 13 16:40:08 UTC 2011

Nat,

I find myself doing that with doors that open on  the right, since I
work my dog on that side. . Apparently, this is not standard, and it can
be confusing if people are trying to crowd through the same door or in
front of or behind it instead of having manners... Or maybe I"m just
naturally confused? /grin/ It does save accidentally having the dog's
bum slammed by the door if it's too strong to hold back or you just miss
and it's feeling aggressive about closing on your dog. Poor Mitzi! She's
never been truly injured, but she gets very disgusted with me. Well, and
it can't feel good. The door at our bank is especially determined to
keep itself closed at all times. /lol/ When it's us going through first,
we can manage somehow; DD likes to insist on going first to hold the
door for us, but this does not always work as well as he seems to
believe. /lol/ Also, for some reason, when we go through inner door
which is always open, he says still, as he has every time we've gone in
or out of that bank together, "Watch out for the post!" For reasons i
cannot begin to grasp, he just hasn't been able to break his mindset
that we're going to take that post out! /lol/ So when the three of us go
around that stupid post, I am sure everybody in the bank just thinks
we're ridiculous, because he is busy trying to protect the post while
Mitzi is busy trying to get past him with me without running me into the
post so that we are set up for the door that likes to slam on her skinny
hind end while getting me around that post and... We do it every single
time! It's nuts. But it is quite the delicate dance, which we can't seem
to break out of. Well, so long as the dog doesn't get slammed into th
door and I don't get slammed against the post. Good grief! I need to
give myself another reminder to remind him that a more helpful approach
would probably be easier on all of us. /lol/

Other doors, I have had to stop thinking about because if I do, then
getting through becomes somehow more difficult. Go figure. I need to go
find someplace with lots of confusing, surprising killer slam doors, I
guess, to practice on.

Tami