[nagdu] Dogs and Airports

Criminal Justice Major Extraordinaire orleans24 at comcast.net
Sat Sep 17 04:46:28 UTC 2011

I remember one time hearing a story from a trainer at Pilot Dogs on how
airport security officials asked a guide dog handler who just came out of
training with their guide dog to put the dog into a sit stay while they went
through the metal detector.
The trainer then told the security guards that if they'd love to chase after
a runaway labrador, then go for it.
Otherwise, let dog and user go through together.
Maybe one day the security staff should have to chase after a guide dog
running throughoutt the airport.
Then hopefully, they'll use their brains and havesome kind of common sense
not to try that again.
If any staff member at an airport tried that with me, I'd happily contact
the U.S. Department of Justice infront of them right off the bat.
Bibi