[nagdu] interesting moment

Criminal Justice Major Extraordinaire orleans24 at comcast.net
Tue Sep 20 07:25:39 UTC 2011

Hi, all,
I just recently took Odie outtside for  another park time as I suspected he
really needed to go.
Odie has a habbit of waiting for his daddy to get up and take him out.
Since my husband Dale was asleep, I assumed Odie really needed to go.
I try to remember to take him out to give him an extra park time in the
middle of the night, now that he's getting older and to prevent an unwanted
indoor accident or two.
It was good I got him outtside as he really had to relieve right on the
spot.
He started pulling hard and I had to tell him to go easy as we were going
down the stairs in the lobby.
We safely made it outtside withoutt any mishaps.
While I bent down to pick up after him a second time, he suddenly got my
attention by bumping and rubbing up against me.
Odie was clearly letting me know someone in a car was trying to get my
attention.
I heard someone say excuse me at first, but didn't acknoledge it right on
the spot since I couldn't see the motorist directly.
So, it was good Odie let me know.
Turns out the motorist was trying to find the Greyhound bus Station.
I then asked "Can I help you?"
I told him to go straight along 19th going east bound and that it would be
two blocks up from where he was at Larimer Street and that he needed to be
up along Arapahoe.
I told him that he would see the Greyhound bust Station building on the left
hand side along 19th andArapahoe.
He then said, "I don't know where 19th is."
I replied calmly, "You're driving along 19th right now and you need to go
two blocks east."
He then asked me if he needed to turn left immediately and I told him not
that he just needed to go two blocks straight.
Motorist then pulled off.
I went to throw Odie's doggy trash away upon telling him good boy for doing
all his business and letting me know that something was up.
I've had incidents where people would start speaking to me, but wouldn't
answer mainly because of not know if they were speaking to me directly or
getting my attention.
So Odie began to tell me and let me know when that would occur.
He'd also look off to the left or right if someone would just come and
approach us at the bus stop in an uncomfortable manner.
If a person said hello and many times I can't expect them to say anything,
Odie would be relaxed.
If they approached us in a bady way and just stood there giving off bad
bives, Odie would tell me right off the bat.
Truth is that all matters aren't bad and many situations were good, like the
one I described above.
Although Odie was in harness during situations such as that one, I had to
wonder if people probably may just not realize that I am not able to see
them and just don't know generally as a whole.
Well done job, Odie Harley Davidson.
Bibi and Odie
the happy spirited bounty labra wolf