[nagdu] preparing for training?

Cindy Ray cindyray at gmail.com
Fri Sep 23 14:51:40 UTC 2011

The way I came to view the training was that I was learning new skills, or reviewing them; the time at the school was more or less a final exam for the dog. If I thought I was being judged and/or tested, I would have had to go home. LOL. After I came to the conclusion that it was a final exam for the dog, I had a fun time of it. After all, the places they take you are for the most part places they have already been before and know well. You do then have the opportunity to learn a lot of your dog's nuances, so to speak. Especially when we got to "free lance" which I am sure they did at Pilot, I just wanted to go places, learn some fine points, but mainly just get a really good feel for my dogs.
Cindy