[nagdu] Middle-aged Ben

Tami Kinney tamara.8024 at comcast.net
Sat Sep 24 18:25:06 UTC 2011

Tracy,

What makes me wonder about myself is that with that magical 5th birthday
when the guide dog is officially into her stride and prime and, you
know, all that, I went overnight from wondering if Mitzi poodle would
ever really grow up to worrying about how fast she was getting old. Very
silly.

At the same time, I am truly loving working with my now experienced,
fully mature without question professional guide. But still somehow
surprised every now and then when I notice what we're actually doing as
if it's all just automatic. /smile/ Still, that's getting more and more
rare as I just take it for granted that's how it is. All other things
being equal, I should be able to look forward to another four years or
so of the easy life, which is a long time. So why do I have these
moments of concern that my sweet poodle puppy is getting so old? /lol/

Well, 7 years may or may not count as middle age for the life span of a
dog like your Benny boy, but by rules of thumb, it does seem to be a
kind of mid-career point... But those are just rules of thumb.

I am glad Echo remains happy and spoiled! Sounds like a fine retirement
plan to me!

Tami