[nagdu] Churches

Cindy Ray cindyray at gmail.com
Thu Apr 5 15:31:10 UTC 2012

Yes, but then you have to define churches. Churches are one aspect of religious life. Mosques are not churches; maybe you've already read about the freedom of religion that this would compromise. I do think sometimes, though, it is easier to get forgiveness than permission. If I walk into a church they are rarely going to say anything; and someplace along the line they will be good with it usually. If I call there, it gives them time to think about it. It actually never occurred to me to call a church about bringing a dog. As for the Mosque, though, I was studying world religions then and knew that it was important that I respect their religion. That is why these places are exempt, because of freedom of religion. Private clubs are private. If you went to an exclusive club where you had to be invited to join for something that was a fundraiser there and was using it for their venue though they would have to let you in there.

Cindy