[nagdu] Churches

Lyn Gwizdak linda.gwizdak at cox.net
Thu Apr 5 17:51:52 UTC 2012

Brenda,
This isn't a good idea.  A church isn't like a restaurant , store or mall.
It's not the same as other places where the public can gather.

At a church, you are welcome to come to Sunday services - which are open to
anyone who walks through their doors.  It's not like going to the grocery
store.  But bringing in the press isn't good because it looks like the
government trying to tell churches what to do.

We in the movement for same-sex marriage know that we cannot, by the
seperation of church and state clause in the US Constitution, we CANNOT make
a church perform a same-sex marriage if their particular faith is opposed to
gay marriage.  We work with the civil marriage part.

I don't think we can use the ADA or other laws to make churches accept
people they don't want around.  Is this right? NO! Would Jesus like this?
NO!  Are churches who don't want the blind or our dogs make us unwelcome,
then they are hypocrites and who would want to join them anyway.

Just keep searching to find the right church family for you where you are
accepted and welcomed as a valued member of the congregation.  They exist
but are sometimes hard to find.  It's a shame because the worship in person
with a like-minded group is far better than watching a service on TV or
computer.

Lyn and Landon