[nagdu] Driver's License & state I.D.

Marion Gwizdala blind411 at verizon.net
Mon Apr 9 15:06:36 UTC 2012

Dear All,
    Do you all know that a car rental agency cannot refuse to rent you a
vehicle just because you do not have a valid driver's license? In a case
involving Ed Eames, the Department of Justice negotiated a settlement
agreement requiring vehicle rental agencies to rent blind people vehicles if
they meet the other requirements for renting a vehicle, e.g. valid
identification and a credit card, and a licensed driver to drive the
vehicle. The rental agency must also waive "additional driver" fees for the
first qualified driver.
    I was denied the rental of a stump grinder from a tool rental company
because I did not have a valid driver's license. I didn't know I needed a
driver's license to grind a stump! I was also denied the right to rent a
movie for the same reason! I wonder if you need a valid driver's license to
drive someone crazy! (grin)

Fraternally yours,
Marion Gwizdala