[nagdu] Church update from Colorado Springs

Pickrell, Rebecca M (TASC) REBECCA.PICKRELL at tasc.com
Tue Apr 10 15:07:57 UTC 2012

        This is truly excellent

-----Original Message-----
From: nagdu-bounces at nfbnet.org [mailto:nagdu-bounces at nfbnet.org] On Behalf Of Bertha Avila Guerrero
Sent: Sunday, April 08, 2012 9:22 PM
To: NAGDU NFB
Subject: [nagdu] Church update from Colorado Springs

Hello All,
Godiva and I would like to thank everyone who responded to our message last
week regarding the two churches here in The Springs. We received many
messages of support.
Since we posted last week, the thread has certainly evolved. We would like
to clarify a few things.

I am Assemblies of God and due to various reasons, I have not found a home
church, even before Godiva.
The two churches I called, (I called as a courtesy, because churches can
deny us access), are close to our home.
One is a non-denominational and the other a Catholic church.
They did Not deny us access, however they wanted to dictate where we sat.
The non-denominational told us we would have to sit in the foyer and the
security guard would determine based on "your dog's temperament" if you can
sit in the sanctuary. The Catholic church told us they have parishioners who
attend with dogs, and we would need to sit in the back pew.

Well, I found an Assemblies of God last evening. I don't know how I missed
them when I was looking in my Pre Godiva days.
I asked a friend for a ride and we went this morning. I did not call because
as I said I am Assemblies of God and I knew they would have no problem with
us attending.
We were welcomed in true Christian Love and I couldn't have been happier. We
were even asked if we wanted to sit in the front pew so Godiva would have
more space.
It is a small church, this is what I was looking for. A little more
traditional in their worship than what I am accustomed too, but hey it's all
good the focus is Jesus.
They even have a bus service that will pick us up.
I won't attend next week because we fly out on Thursday to Texas and won't
be back until Sunday evening.
But we certainly intend to call  for them to pick us up the following week.

Once again thank you to everyone who was so supportive last week when I was
so upset and My Little Lady kept telling me it would be okay.
She did great during the service and of course I got many comments on how
Beautiful she is.

By the way, Godiva means "Gift from God". Isn't that cool? She truly is my
Gift from God, by way of The Seeing eye.
Talk soon

B A Guerrero and Seeing Eye Dog Godiva
guerrero.avila at sbcglobal.net