[nagdu] Lectures

Tracy Carcione carcione at access.net
Fri Apr 13 15:46:43 UTC 2012

Hi Maria.
You asked what the class lectures are about.  I remember lectures about
dog senses, I think dog psychology, the best way to correct (with very
funny examples of the wrong way), traffic, massage...  I know I'm
forgetting quite a few.
After the traffic lecture, I called a friend of mine and said I was never
crossing a street again!
And the first thing in the dog senses lecture was about the importance of
touch to a dog.  Their eyes and ears don't open for a while, so their
first sense is tactile, and it remains very important to them.  I never
thought about that before.
One of the examples from the corrections lecture that still makes me laugh
is a guy walking around a library, very quietly, then his dog bumps him in
to something and he starts yelling very loud!  That's an example of what
not to do!
Tracy