[nagdu] Welcome to the list / Tipton's on going training

Mardi Hadfield wolfsinger.lakota at gmail.com
Sun Apr 15 23:48:53 UTC 2012

Yes Larry, my chair is an electric power chair.My first guide was a white
Husky named Lily and she was a service dog before being trained as a guide.
I had trained her to pull my manual wheelchair and when she was trained to
guide,she also pulled my chair as well as guided me.Then I was able to get
the power chair which made things easier for Lily and me.Nala and Shaman
never had to pull my chair and guide me.They just had to keep up with the
power chair.They had to learn to be positioned several inches in front of
the left side of the chair,which necessitated me using a much longer handle
on the harness.It works well for me.Also my dogs must have a good pull so
that I don't over "roll" them when they are guiding me. Have a great day,
Mardi and Shaman and Tipton, future GDIT.

--
http://wolfsinger-lakota.blogspot.com/