[nagdu] Martingale collars

Julie J. julielj at neb.rr.com
Thu Apr 19 12:21:57 UTC 2012

Larry,

Many martingale collars do have chain.  Martingale refers to the style,
not the materials.  A martingale collar is essentially made up of two
pieces.  there is the main collar portion that goes around about 3/4 of
the dog's neck.  The rest of the collar is made up of a loop that joins
the ends of the main collar portion.  Some martingales are made of
leather.  Some are nylon with a nylon loop.  Some are nylon with a chain
loop.  Some have buckles so you don't have to slip the collar over the
dog's head.  I would also put prong collars in the martingale catagory
because of the way they are constructed, but usually people refer to
those seperately from the rest of the martingale collars.

HTH
Julie