[nagdu] school information

Lea williams leanicole1988 at gmail.com
Fri Apr 20 21:22:17 UTC 2012

Sarah, I hope you can get your guide dog soon from which ever school
you choose.
It might be a good idea to make a list of things of what it is your
looking for in a school as your learning things.
I am going to go to guiding eyes for the blind this June to get my
first dog. Some of the reasons I chose this school is because

they provide free transportation,
No cost for the dog,
$200 of vet care a year that you can use to your own vet bills and an
additional $100 if your dog is within its weight limit.
I like their training styles and have had a good expiriance wiht them
while comunicating with them while I was surching for a school.

I am in college and do not have a lot of extra money so any help at
all from the schools was important to me.
With Guiding Eyes, they do not give ownership to you until after two
years is up. This was not important to me to get the ownership right
off the bat because I know that as long as I keep my dog at a healthy
weight and treat it correctly, I would not have any issues with the
school. To me, the schools keeping a short time ownership of the dog,
is the schools way of making sure that the dog is going to be in good
hands. I like this because it makes me feel as if the school is really
caring of their dogs. Not only in its training but, also the rest of
its life.

I have met some people in person who has recieved dogs from gebs and I
really like the way their dogs behaves and find this to be a bonus for
me.
I know that the other schools can be good too and that it is all in
what your looking for. So like I said before, it would be a good idea
for you to keep a running list of the things you like and do not like
of each school and then double check your sources. You will hear a lot
of bad things about each school and it is a good idea to conferm them
before excepting them.

I hope you come out with the best dog, and school for you.

--

Lea Williams

Phone;
704-732-4470