[nagdu] Update and Humble Correction was Guide Dog School Losing Paperwork

Jewel herekittykat2 at gmail.com
Mon Apr 23 18:37:14 UTC 2012

Dear all,
I first want to say that I'm sorry about this misunderstanding. I
humbly regret my words as they were jumping the gun. Here's what
actually happened:

My references and O&M instructor all sent their reference or report
under my nickname, Jewel, whereas I sent my application and video
under my legal name. I told everyone to use my legal name, but it is
apparent that they did not. Thus, there were two files for me...one
for Jewel and one for Amber. Nothing was really lost; it was just
under two names. I really want to stress that this was *not* the
school's fault in any way. My use of a nickname as my primary name
caused confusion with my references and O&M instructor, creating this
confusion.

The only thing that hasn't shown up is my medical record. I'm just
going to get it done again and send it to the school. I'm not entirely
convinced that they never got it, because the home interviewer said it
was there (though she may have meant my eye report), but I don't want
to make a huge fuss about this. I just want to get it finished so my
application is complete.

Sorry for the confusion and apologies especially to the GDF staff who
are on this list. All I can say is "What a mess no one made."

Thank you for your time,
Jewel