[nagdu] National Convention

Lyn Gwizdak linda.gwizdak at cox.net
Tue Apr 24 21:31:34 UTC 2012

Juanita,
When you go to convention, you'll see lots of dogs and lots more of swinging
canes.  It will be real stressful for both you and the dog.  But it is
doable.  Try to stick to your dog's schedule as much as possible and be sure
to make the time for the dog's needs.  Take breaks from the pandamonium by
going to your room to rest.  Bring a bone or Kong for your dog to blow off
steam with.  Sit and pet the dog in a relaxing manner - it will rejuvinate
both of you!

Your dog will be distracted for sure!  They all are actually with all the
strrange things, strange dogs, and not what the dog is used to.  Try to
understand what the dog is going through and remain as calm as possible.
You have the ability to understand what is going on - the dog has no way to
understand this chaos you brought it to.

I've been to one national NFB Convention and many California and
massachusetts State Conventions of both ACB and NFB.  The same stuff happens
there only a much smaller scale.

Just keep yourself calm and your dog will follow suit and you guys have a
good time at convention.

If you are a person who wants to only do all you can do - party, etc, you
may not even want to bring the dog.  Some people elect to go this route
because they don't want to be bogged down with caring for their dog at
convention.  You know yourself and your dog the best.

Lyn and Landon