[nagdu] Food was Re: Wanting to Chase all moving animals, especially small ones...

Tracy Carcione carcione at access.net
Wed Apr 25 15:10:35 UTC 2012

According to what I've read, the standards for animal food are much less
stringent than for human food.  As I recall, it's OK to feed dogs an
animal that died on the way to the slauterhouse, or in the stockyard, even
if it died of disease.  That's the USDA's opinion, not mine.
It's why I feed a dogfood that has human-grade ingredients.

I think the dogfood industry has spent lots of money convincing us that
their dogfood is the very best thing to feed.
But you're right--it is a lot simpler to dump a cupful of kibble in the
dish than to work out a healthy, balanced diet, even with books to help.
On the other hand, dogs lived for millenia eating what their people ate.
Tracy