[nagdu] getting along with other guide dogs

Julie J. julielj at neb.rr.com
Thu Apr 26 23:05:23 UTC 2012

I don't encounter other guide dogs very often, maybe 2 or 3 times a year
depending on how much I travel to attend blindness events.   But it is
extremely rare that I allow Monty to visit with other guide or service
dogs.   I have never allowed this when he is working.  I have let him
visit with one guide out of harness in my home.  I think if I were at a
convention with other dogs who wanted to work out a play date type of
thing I'd be very open to that, it just hasn't happened.

Anyway I was wondering how others approach this issue.  Do you like for
your guide to meet and greet the other working dogs?  Do you do this in
harness?  Are there circumstances that help you decide this on a case by
case basis?   Does it make a difference to you whether or not the dogs
get along or like each other?

The recent messages have peaked my curiosity.

Julie