[nagdu] Doggy socials

Tracy Carcione carcione at access.net
Fri Apr 27 14:21:45 UTC 2012

My neighbor has a golden Ben likes, so I let them play together, either in
my yard or hers.  They usually say Hi, then Ben starts sniffing around and
the golden grabs a toy to play with me.  I guess even the pets I know are
people-oriented.
A while back, a friend said her dog was friendly, so I brought Ben over to
play, and the dog snapped at my Benny and slobbered on his neck.  Not
good.  So now I'm more careful, even if someone says their dog is
friendly.  Benny is more cautious, too.
I have a friend who goes to the dog park to let her dog blow off steam.  I
tend to agree with Robert, though, and I wouldn't go, even if there were a
dogpark nearby, which there isn't.
Tracy