[nagdu] people who hasn't a clue reporting you?

loriandleo loriandleo at ohiohills.com
Sat Apr 28 11:09:10 UTC 2012

Hi all,

 I remember one time I was out walking with my previous guide dog Leo and we
were crossing over a parking lot to get up on the sidewalk to a shopping
center. Well my guide Leo didn't stop at the up curb to the sidewalk and I
just about tripped and fell. So I gave my dog a leash correction and made
him do thecurb all over again and make sure he did stop at the curb before
we stepped up on the sidewalk. Anyhow, when I was giving my dog a leash
correction, a lady came out of a Dollar Tree store and saw me giving my dog
a leash correction. Well the lady started yelling at me  and said to me quit
abusingthat dog you're being mean and cruel to that dog. Well I tried
explaining to the lady why I was giving my dog a leash correction. I said I
just can't let my dog get away with not stopping at a curb because if he
doesn't stop at the curbs for me and blow them I can get seriously hurt and
my dog  needed to be corrected for not stopping at the curb. The lady didn't
want to listen and she kept saying I'm going to report you. I said go right
ahead and I will give you the number to the school where I got my dog. I
knew I didn't nothing wrong and the lady wasn't listening to what I was
trying to tell her. I kept wondering when the school would call me to find
out what was going on that particular day but I never did hear from the
school. And if I did hear from the school I would of explained what had
happened and why I was giving my dog a leash correction.

Go to find out the lady who was yelling at me about my dog had just put down
her German Shepherd and I think by her seeing me with my German Shepherd
guide dog just brought back some  sad  emotions about her putting her German
Shepherd down. Well that's no reason to excuse me of abusing my dog because
I wasn't.

I think the general public needs to keep quiet especially when they have no
idea what it takes to work with a guide dog. I knew I did nothing wrong but
I was surely upset after the lady started yelling at me because of my dog.
And like I've said I was expecting a call from the school but I never did
get a call from them. I guess some people have nothing better to do than
cause problems for us guide dog users. Take care.

Lori and theGipper