[nagdu] update on my guide dogs, number three

The Pawpower Pack pawpower4me at gmail.com
Sun Apr 29 14:34:46 UTC 2012

The program is very experienced at evaluating their dogs.  They put
thousands of dollars into breeding, raising, and training their dogs
and I don't think they would decide to pull a dog from service without
hard evidence and a thorough evaluation.

As a trainer, I can say that most dogs, when they are pulling as hard
as this dog seems to be pulling are not paying attention to their
work, and are either afraid, or over stimulated.  This is not the
headspace of a safe working dog.  There are dogs who walk quickly and
who pull hard.  But they should have a consistent pull and they should
respond to cues from the handler and or correction, to modify this
behavior.

Rox and the Kitchen Bitches:
Bristol, Mill'E, Laveau, Baylee,!

"Dance, even if you have to warn others to get out of the way first."
http://pawpower4me.blogspot.com
  pawpower4me at gmail.com
AIM: brissysgirl