[nagdu] First long walk in some time

Vanessa Lowery vlowery at dhr.state.md.us
Thu Aug 2 15:49:41 UTC 2012

Well, Griffin and I took a longer walk yesterday.  It has been some time since we took a lengthy walk.  For one thing, it was hot as blue blazes.  Secondly, he was still recovering from the reaction to the antibiotic.  It turned out to be a little warmer than I ahd initially thought yesterday, so the walk was not quite as long as planned.  But he enjoyed himself and did good work.  I shortened the walk when I noticed that he was losing steam.  I might have been able to keep going, but the "old man" was clearly poopint out.  We stopped at a bus stop tha twas in the shade.  Not long after arriving, a well-air conditioned bus pulled up.  It was not the one I needed, but it woudl still get me to an even more shady bus stop.  The driver of the first bus alerted me to the fact that the bus I did need was behind her, so not long after I hopped off of the initial bus, the second one rolled up.  It, too, was nice and cool.

As the weather cools in the fall, it will be interesting to see if Griffin's energy level increases.  It is hard to determine at this juncture if he starts out with a bang only to lose energy because it is hot or because of his age--or perhaps for both reasons.

Around the time I return from Russia, I'll probably start talking with the October class supervisor, Doug Bohl, to see if there are any prospects in that particular class.  Then it will be decision time.  Retire,or wait until the next class.  Obviously, heat alone or age alone would explain the waning energy, but coller temps will enable me to more accurately determine if age is a factor--provided he still starts out with a bang and then slows down.

Vanessa Lowery, LGSW
Adult and Community Services Division
Adult Services Screening Unit
410-853-3550
VLowery at dhr.state.md.us

This Email message and any attachment may contain information that is proprietary, legally privileged and/or confidential. This Email is intended solely for the use of the person(s) to which it is addressed. If you are not an
intended recipient, or the employee or agent responsible for delivery of this Email to the intended recipient(s), you are hereby notified that any dissemination, distribution or copying of this Email is strictly prohibited. If you have received
this message in error, please immediately notify the sender and permanently delete this Email and any copies.