[nagdu] Hooter's Policy

Criminal Justice Major orleans24 at comcast.net
Sun Aug 5 01:07:55 UTC 2012

Hi, all,
I just got done contacting my local Hooters here in Denver, Colorado and spoke with the manager, Matt asking him out of curiosity of what the rules were as far as allowing those with disabilities like blind individuals and other with service dogs what the were as far as the stablishment.
He informed me that by law, all service dogs must be allowed in the establishment and even those who are blind are to be given the same treatment.
He did state that pet dogs are allowed to the establishment, but must be leashed up and only allowed on the patio area.
I gave him my reason on why I was asking and let him know about the email that I read earlier.
He did agree with me, stating he was sorry of what happened to the individual that wanted to go into the Hooters establishment in Sacrament, that when one person like the manager of the sacramento one does something bad, it gives a bad name for the rest of the company.
He informed me that more than likely, he'll get in touch with the corporate office to find out what transfired.
I let him know that one day, I'll have to come down there and check it out and he said that I was welcome to come on over.
Matt also stated that it is a big no no to demand to see papers to prove the dog is a service dog and that the vest with patches should be enough to identify the dog's purpose like with the guide dog harness.
So one day, Odie and I may venture over to Hooters to allow me to have a bite.
This is my story and I, am, stickin with it.
Bibi, husband Dale and the stubron son Odie