[nagdu] Keeping Your Lab Safe in Chem Lab

Marsha Drenth marsha.drenth at gmail.com
Thu Aug 9 02:25:19 UTC 2012

Hayden,

Its marsha here from PA, we met at one of our chpater meetings earlier in the summer. Glad you have made it back with the new pup.

When I took biology a few semesters ago, I dealt with the same safety issues. I purchased a very inexpensive folding crate. We placed it into the corner, so that my guide could see me, but so that she was safe. She my guide did well with this arrangement. When I came into the lab I unfolded the crate and emma went right in. I left her harness on, in case of an emergency. but it was never needed. I only took the crate when I had that lab, and didn't trust other students or my professor with the crate. at the begining of class of the semester, I explained that my guide was there, and for students to ignore her. they would talk about her, but never bothered her. at one point during the semester, glass got broken, and I was so glad that she was in the crate.

Let me know if you need other information, you can email me off list at marsha.drenth at gmail.com
Marsha drenthSent from my iPhone