[nagdu] Guide Dogs And VA Facilities--what?!

Cindy Ray cindyray at gmail.com
Thu Aug 9 13:08:47 UTC 2012

I think the statement it is not fair to lump all owner dogs into less controlled because of your own experiences is no different from doing the same with program dogs because of your own experience. There are owners and handlers of program dogs who do very, very well, and the opposite is true. I hope we aren't going to be doing judgments here. If we do that, then we could easily move away from the original point, I think, which had to do with the VA policy on service dogs. Of course, this could all be based on the fact that I sometimes worry as to whether I measure up as a dog handler myself. I just feel certain it can become a slippery slope. I'm no moderator, so all can be disregarded.

Cindy Lou