[nagdu] new guide dog user with questions

Marsha Drenth marsha.drenth at gmail.com
Mon Aug 13 22:05:07 UTC 2012

Mona,

Trust with your pup will come in time. All new handlers deal with the trust of a new pup, some quicker than others. I would say check with your foot, but then transition to using your cane for the checking. And after a while, after your have been traveling in the same areas for a while, you won't need to check. The pups are trained to stay in the middle of the sidewalk, and to take you from curb to curb.

Good luck, and if you have other questions, ask away!

Marsha drenthSent from my iPhone