[nagdu] Thinking of getting a guide dog

Matt Gilman lvsr01 at gmail.com
Sat Aug 18 02:30:15 UTC 2012

Hello everyone,

I am new to this list and I have been considering getting a guide dog for some time now.  I know I have questions but I really don't know what they are.  I have a feeling once i start getting some  replies
I might start figuring these questions out.

I am not sure how guide dogs really work in the sense of feeling edges. For example with my cane I can feel the curb coming up and know where the edge is but with a dog how does this work?  Also the same goes for steps.How will I know if they go up or down with a dog?  With a cane I can feel them and know instantly.  this is just one example of my thinking.

I am totally a dog person and have been for a very long time.  My wife is also a vet tech.  If this doesn't say that we are dog people I don't know what does.  I heard that you shouldn't have a guide dog while  you have other dogs in the house?  I currently have 2 dogs as pets.  Is this and issue?

Thanks for all the help.

Matt.

Matt gilman
www.blindbiketrials.com
Matt at blindbiketrials.com
443-650-8441

Matt Gilman
Www.blindbiketrials.com
443-650-8441
Sent from my talking iPhone. Siri probably wrote this email.