[nagdu] 7th trip in the ambulance

Criminal Justice Major orleans24 at comcast.net
Tue Aug 21 03:57:08 UTC 2012

Hi, all,
I dreaded this for the whole year, but this time, another 7th trip in the ambulance was waiting.
My husband Dale forgot to untie his tennis shoes before slipping on to run Odie outside and check the mail.
His whole right foot was swollen and stiff.
When I walked into the living room yesterday, I could tell my husband was upset, so I asked him what was wrong.
He told me that he was frustrated of dealing with a messed up right foot.
I then decided to have him go ahead with the 9 1 1 call, but after I got Odie out, fed him quickly and did some last monute things myself.
One the paramedics came alone, one asked general question while another was on stand by with the gurney.
The stretcher Dale was pu on was way smaller than him, but we all made it.
Even when Odie and I got downstairs, I noticed the ambulance was an older one where there hardly wasn't a lot of space inside.
Originally, the female paramedic wasn't sure how Odie and I were going to go with my hysband, given that he wasn't the paitient and I wasn't.
She went back to talk with my husband and the man pararmedic to see what was going to happen next.
dale told the two of them it was up to me if I wanted to go or stay home.
I felt better going as I would be there to see what was going on and knowing that Odie would have felt better.
I knew if the two of us stayed home, I wouldn't be at a comfortable ease, but Odie would have been worse off.
He would have gone nuts by pacing back and forth, smelling everything like my husband's belongings and clothing.
I had a feeling that the lady paramedic was new and probably not aware of the ADA, but during that time, it simply wasn't about the ADA or other than my husband.
Happy ending to the story is nigotiation was able to be made.
Challenging part mainly was because the ambulance was small, old and limited space inside of it.
My husband and the male paramedic were barely able to fit inside of it and let alone, medic's head almost toutched the top of the vehicle.
The male paramedic sat in the very back to work on my husband, Odie lie down on the floor behind the front seat and I was in the way front.
At first, the female paramedic thought I was trying to get in through the side doorway, but I explained to her that I needed to be the one to tell Odie the down commands for that he wouldn't respond to her or the other medic either.
Odie responds to Dale or I since we're his mommy and daddy and on occasion if left in the hands of his adoptive Aunt Natalie or Aunt Amanda, our friends when I need either of them to step in and give him commands.
Once I was able to get him to lie down and settle in one spot, I went up to the very front and rode beside the female paramedic.
It was ambulance 23 as I had over heard her calling in over the radio.
Yes, I could have met up with Dale later on, but the route52 bus was only once an hour during that time and running up to Larimer would have extended my trip longer.
I probably would have had to contact the police department to ask them for some assistance getting me over to denver Health right away.
Dale is doing well and his foot is starting to heal more slowly.
Biggest part we wanted to make sure is that when he tweaked his foot and it felt useless, there wasn't a possible blood clot.
Proudly, I remained calm throughout the nigotiation part when it came to the paramedic truck and everything went well.
*Smiles*
Bibi, beloved husband Dale and wonderful son Odie