[nagdu] My new dog has a new name

Mardi Hadfield wolfsinger.lakota at gmail.com
Fri Aug 24 05:22:38 UTC 2012

Hi all, My new dog has a name now. Her name is Neechee.I have spelled it
the way it is pronounced as screen readers do not say it that way when it
is spelled the Lakota way.In Lakota,it means "For you". Now I know that is
a strange name but I will tell you why I named her that.About a year ago,I
got offered this dog by the breeder. I could not afford the price they were
asking. I really wanted this dog.I thought I would never have that kind of
money so I put her out of my mind.The offer came again several months after
the first time. I still did not see this dog in my future as I still could
not come up with $650.00.They decided to keep her for breeding and I
rescued Tipton and started training her.Well,when Tipton washed out as a
guide,I adopted her out to a very good forever home.I thought I would not
find another dog so I just put it out of my mind and figured I would just
use my cane rather than Shaman, if I could not use my power
wheelchair.Shaman walks way to fast for me when I walk and also when using
a manual wheelchair.Thus,my reason for wanting a second dog. For some
reason recently,the breeder needed money for an emergency.The price of this
dog suddenly came down to a more reasonable $400.00.I took my diamond ring
to a jeweler who gave me the $400.00 I needed to buy the dog.I have wanted
this dog for over a year and knew that if I could get her,that she would be
the right dog for me.I guess it was meant to be as I did get her.I had 3
names picked out for her. She came with the name Cleo which she did not
come to and I did not really care for it any way. I tried the 3 names and
she came to Neechee so she picked her name.Her obedience training is coming
along nicely and her house manners are getting much better. Even though she
had never seen a cat before,she seems to like them so I don't have to teach
her about them. I am waiting for the spay certificate to come so I can get
her spayed. She wants to please me and has bonded to me already.She follows
me from room to room and is a very sweet and loving dog.I have been taking
her for walks in the neighborhood and she really likes that.She gets along
with other dogs and listens to my commands.I think Neechee is the right dog
for me.Shaman and Neechee get along very well and play together. Have a
great day,Mardi and Shaman and Neechee,GDIT.

--
http://wolfsinger-lakota.blogspot.com/